Internet of Things (IoT) Open Call
The Internet of Things (IoT) is the network of physical objects or "things" embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and network connectivity, which enables these objects to collect and exchange data. It is an increasingly growing trend worldwide and We believe it could drive major changes in the business models and profit pools of insurers, by using sensors to pro-actively monitor and mitigating risks and opening the door for new ways of selling and serving insurance products.
Application of Internet of Things to deliver and service insurance can be in the area of connected home, connected health and connected car.
Generali is an International Insurance Group operating in Motor, Health, Property & Casualty and Life insurance, looking to leverage smart data & IoT to develop innovative business ideas and insurance related value added services.
- Motor Insurance
- House Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Research and Quotation
- Consideration, Acceptance, and Purchase
- Claims Servicing
- Fulfillment and Retention
- Brand and Marketing Promotion
- Generate new business opportunities through cross-sell / up-sell
- Reduce customer churn and Increase customer satisfaction
- Foster behavior modification (e.g. prevention)
- More accurate risk pricing
- Commercial agreement with new companies adding value to the traditional insurance business model
- Acquisition of the technology or licensing
- Reselling of the devices and services to final customers in association with traditional insurance content
|Call Opens||Submission Deadline||Participants Selection||Pitching Day|
|September 28, 2015||October 25, 2015||2 November, 2015||6 November, 2015|