Assicurazioni Generali’s “Innovation Challenge” is a call for ideas promoted by Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A. in collaboration with Microsoft, aimed at generating out-of-the-box solutions to Generali Group business issues.
Any idea addressing the identified “Open Calls” can be submitted through SkipsoLabs platform. The ideas will be evaluated by a panel of experts from Microsoft, Generali Group and the most promising teams will be invited to participate to the final “pitching day” that will be articulated as follows:
- Keynote presentation from Generali Group and Microsoft executive team
- The teams will work jointly with mentors from Generali Group and Microsoft to fine tune the Proposed Solutions and the “pitch”
- The teams will have one-to-one meeting (i.e. “pitch”) with an evaluation committee composed by Generali Group and Microsoft executives
- The evaluation committee will score the teams based on Completion, Originality, Relevance, strengths of the model, technical feasibility
- The most promising ideas will be awarded
The winning team will be rewarded with:
- 3 months incubation at Copernico co-working spaces and innovative ecosystem in Milan
- Generali Group support in achieving their business objectives. In particular, at reciprocal convenience, the winning projects may be helped by Generali Group in idea execution and commercialization
- Generali Group support in reaching out Investors
- Media coverage of their company and solution leveraging communication channels activated by Generali Group and Microsoft
- The youngest participants could be elected for an internship, in any case at Assicurazioni Generali’s sole discretion and without any obligation of this latter to activate such internship
Participation is open to
- Individuals at least 18 years of age and above and entrepreneurs, with innovative ideas to the identified “Open Calls”
- Start ups (operating since the last 5 years)
Participants can submit proposals by completing the submission form on the “Open Call” section of the website generali.skipsolabs.com/.
The deadline for submitting proposals and any relevant materials is 25/10 /2015 .
Any submission, even the one from team of individuals, must have a contact person.
The proper documentation must be uploaded in pdf printable format (as presentation), no longer than 5 pages, font 12, included technical details and tables.
The documentation must highlight the following main items:
- Team / start up description (resurces and skills)
- Idea/ product / business model description to solve the “open call"
- Overview of the underlying technology
- High level view of the Economics (investment, revenue estimation,..)
Participation to Assicurazioni Generali Innovation Challenge is totally free of charge. Travel and accommodation expenses are not included, and must be covered by participants.
Participants cannot change Proposed Solutions once submitted. Participants may save drafts of Proposed solutions until ready to submit it and up until midnight of the submission deadline date. Once proposals are submitted, participants will not be allowed to change or edit them.
Only one Proposed solution per “Open call” is allowed.
Any documentation provided must be in English.
The pitch will be held in English.